Club News and Newsletters
In the latest edition of Caravan and Motorhome on Tour magazine (No. 216), there is an excellent article about touring the Scenic Rim that is well worth a read for those members who will be attending our 2015 National Muster at Beaudesert, especially if you are considering staying in the area for a few days either before or after the muster.
Following a highly successful 2014 Perth Caravan and Camping Show and follow up Meet and Greet at Willowbrook Farm Caravan Park, West Gin Gin, the board approved the formation of a third branch for WA on the 8th May 2014. To be known as the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers the branch has started with 25 enthusiastic members (13 member units).
All branch members have now met for the first time at their inaugural muster held at Goomalling on the weekend of 13th- 15th June 2014 where the new branch committee was elected and a great time was had by all. Judging by the friendliness, enthusiasm and commitment, it is apparent that the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers have begun on an extremely sound footing.
We welcome the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers as the 28th Branch of the ACC and trust that members have many happy musters in the years ahead.
President: Doug Meikle
Vice President: Brian Currie
Secretary: Monika Schatz
Treasurer: Bev Godfrey
Muster Coordinator: Debbie Depiazzi
- To leave any area that I use as clean, or cleaner than when I arrived.
- To obey all posted requirements of the relevant authority in respect of occupancy of
- In parking my vehicle and caravan or trailer, to consider the requirements of other
- To contain and ultimately correctly dispose of all rubbish and not to permit illegal or
- To stay in any Rest Area, authorised campsite, or other camping area, for a maximum
- Not to establish a “camp” outside my caravan or trailer, unless beyond the view of other travellers or local residents, except in an approved camp site.
- Where possible, to shop locally and support the local community.
- In all respects to be considerate of local community facilities and in so doing, to
- I agree to display the ACCESS sticker on my caravan or camper trailer in a position
Update: Received from Brian Wightman MP the Minister for Environment, Parks and Heritage
"Thank you for your letter dated 21 August 2013 regarding the Australian Caravan Club Environmentally Safe Scheme, (ACCESS). The Australian Caravan Club (ACC) is to be congratulated on undertaking this initiative to establish a scheme for members regarding grey and black water."
He continues by saying:
"The ACC is to be applauded for their ACCESS initiative, and the scheme has my full support."