- Published: 18 September 2018 18 September 2018
During the past year, the Caravan Trades and Industries Association in conjunction with the Department of Transport have been weighting caravans and checking weights and measurements. Here are some staggering results ....
- 51% of the vans weighed were over their ATM.
- 24% of tow vehicles weighed were over their GVM.
- 8% of tow vehicles weighed were over their GCM.
- Highest reading over-weight single-axle caravan, 618kg.
- Highest reading over-weight tandem-axle caravan, 485kg.
- Highest reading over-weight tow vehicle, 215kg.
- Highest reading tow ball mass 405kg on a caravan with an ATM of 3350kg.
These results are from 2000 caravans that were randomly inspected. With these results, can we expect to see Department of Transport inspectors beside the highway soon? It was not stated whether drivers were fined or cautioned.
(Copied from another site)